- Ciudadanos and PP face home stretch in their negotiations
- PSOE proposes electoral reform to avoid Christmas Day elections, gets Podemos‘ and Ciudadanos‘ support
- Political talk: Iglesias asks PSOE to talk about an alternative government
- Basque elections: EH Bildu appeals ban on Otegi’s nomination
- Ciudadanos concerned about the confidence debate negotiations
- Basque elections:PP and Ciudadanos appeal Otegi’s nomination
BREAKING: Guipuzcoa electoral board bans Otegi from running for office
The electoral board of Guipuzcoa has ruled that EH Bildu‘s candidate Arnaldo Otegi can’t run for Lehendakari (Basque PM) at the Basque election on 25 September. Otegi is currently suspended from holding a public position after serving 6 years in jail, although the his sentence is not specific, which in the past has allowed other candidates in his position to run.
EH Bildu spokesmen are expected to talk to the press this afternoon at 17h CET. The party is expected to appeal the decision.